Saturday, November 10, 2018

Gender / Week10 / Yerim Han

1)Summary
Sociologists distinguish between "gender" and "sex." "gender" refers to a social position that is recognized or anticipated within a culturally established designation between the actions of men and women. "Sex" refers to categories that are socially constructed based on genetic and biological characteristics generally perceived by health care, religion, family and/or government bodies. Sociologists further distinguish between cis sex/gender people and trans sex/ gender people. Cis sex/gender people are those who conform to the existing concepts of gender and gender in a given social, historical, cultural, political and scientific context.2)What I interesting......I usually only thought about sex in a dichotomy, male and female. I also knew only about transsexuals, but this is my first chance to learn about the concept of cis gender. In this summer vacation, I went to Thailand and saw a Trentender show. When I saw Kathy in this article, I remembered the show at the time. So it was more interesting to explain the transsexual3)DisscusionTell me about the kind of gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment