Saturday, September 15, 2018

Sociological_Methods / Week2 / Taeyi Lim

1. Summary

I thought I could explore social change and understand society by using what I can experience directly in people's lives.
So until now, I thought studying sociology was closer to qualitative research.
However, i realized that social studies using quantitative research were also necessary.
There will be limits to continuing to observe, and comparing and studying with figures is one way to study society.
I think using these two methods together will help us understand society in greater depth by complementing each other.

2. What was interesting / What did you learn

I think researchers are subjective because they are human.
So I thought there would be some controversy over objective and subjective interpretations.
But scholars were discussing the advantages and limitations of subjective / objective and critical approaches and that was interesting to me.

3. Discussion point

It is said that the presence of a researcher can affect the phenomenon being studied.
If then, what is the impact, and what is the solution to it?

1 comment:

  1. That is a good summary. I also think it is important to supplement each other by using both qualitative and quantitative research. I also found my sister interesting.

    ReplyDelete