Saturday, September 8, 2018

Introduction to Sociology/Being a Sociologist / week1 / Soongki Kim

1. Summary :
    I'd like to briefly summarize this article as 'the relationship between social studies and jobs.'
   This refers to the reasons why students choose their majors as sociology, what they study in sociology, and the advantages in employment compared to those who do not major in sociology by majoring in sociology.
   In addition to being a sociologist, it also helps students advance to various fields in getting jobs after graduation through links with academic or doctoral degrees and other majors.

2. What was interesting/ What did you learn :
    Before I read this article, I thought sociology was just theoretical. And I had a lot of trouble studying sociology in university and didn't think it was practical. As a result, I thought I can not find a job. So I regretted choosing a sociology department.
   And when I majored in sociology, I had little intention of entering other fields except for my post-university career.
 While reading this article, I learned that by majoring in sociology, I have an advantage when I write my resume or have an interview. I also learned that you can learn necessary elements from sociology in your country. In particular, analyzing customer preferences and behaviors using sociology was the most interesting.
  This made me think positively about sociology.

3. Discussion point :
  I can think about the relationship between social members and social phenomena while I study sociology and develop a view of society.
  These can be used to provide solutions to social problems. And if I enter a company, as the text shows, I think I can use sociology to analyze customer preferences and behaviors to estimate the company's tendency.

2 comments:

  1. your opnion about company's tendency can be subjective to other people. it is essential to consider that where the company it is and what company it is. In otehr words, only using sociology is not satisfy your object. if you include these conditions, i think you can use sociology to analysis and estimation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you.
      But, Korean companies overlook the need for sociology in their companies. So it is difficult in Korea.

      Delete